5 People Who Cured Seborrheic Dermatitis with Diet Alone

I wonder if there is some kind of virus (other than HIV) or bacteria involved and is yet unknown by the scientific community, i always try to remember we are born into this world without knowning anything, so this might be a well a possibility too.

As an example:

I suffered around 12-14 years with this condition. It was all over on my face and scalp. I have tried everything you can think of without any success. I watched a video on youtube and adopted his technique. but also made some small changes. It has been about 4 months and no more seborrheic dermatitis.

This is what I have done:
1- Started to drink green tea 2-3 times in a day
2- Limited my normal tea consumption to 2 cup in a day
3- Limited my coffee consumption to 2 cup in a day
4- I stopped adding sugar to my tea (I add a very tiny bit sugar, just the tip of the spoon)
5- I stopped eating sweets (no chocolate, no ice cream, no biscuit)
6- I stopped drinking fizzy juice (no coke, no fanta)
7- Every night I washed my face and head with pure apple cider vinegar (i didnt add any water)
8- Every night once vinegar is dried, I used a small amount of coconut oil on my face and scalp
9- I started using head and shoulders
10- Started taking vitamin d (5000iu a day)
11- I have done this about 30-40 days

Now, I apply the vinegar and coconut oil once a week. I drink the green tea 4-6 times a week. Sometimes I eat chocolate, ice cream and sweet but max 1 in a day. I don`t drink fizzy juice.

Hello I’m suffering from this horrible thing called serbborreic dermatitis I’m really miserable to where I don’t wanna be seen my whole self esteem is very low because I have these red flaky patches on my face please tell me where I began

Hey Danielle,

First, if you are using steroids or antifungal shampoos (dandruff shampoo) this might not work immediatly as some sort of rebound effect happens when you leave these medications for about 2-3 months straight.

That doesn’t mean this will happen with you but be warned.

Now what i recommend is:

Short term:
Buy organic extra virgin coconut oil (or just virgin), cold pressed if possible.
Buy Cetaphil Restoraderm lotion.
Every morning take a shower clear your face and hair (i use shampoo and soap, normal ones). After the shower dry your face with a towel (pating or whatever, doesn’t matter) and apply coconut oil in large quantities to your face, soak it really well, apply it in all affected areas.
Keep doing it 3 days straight, after that you start to use the Cetaphil restoraderm instead of the coconut oil, after 1 week treating, starting doing it every other day, with the cetaphil and the coconut oil whenever you feel like.

Mid term:
As you are a woman, i recommend that you try some birth control pills if you don’t use it already, if you do use it already, try to change the pills with your gynecologist.

Long term:
A vegan diet like Rob Stuart tells in his youtube channel and some cleasing like coffee enemas might help you to solve this issue long term.

If this helps you would you please tell me later? I would be very happy to see that this helps other people over there.

Could you link the Youtube video you mentioned?
I would be interested to check it out. Thanks.

I’ve managed to control seborheic detmatitis through diet as well.
My diet plan is followed only on weekdays (strictly) and i freely eat anything i want during weekends. I tried to follow an almost vegetarian diet during the week since i consume a lot of red meag during the weekend.

Please note that the main purpose of the diet was for weight loss and health. After 3-4 weeks I realized that my seborheic both on face and scalp disappeared.

Weekdays mealplan:
Lunch and dinner includes:
1/5 grains such as quinoa, brown rice, millet, buckwheat
1/5 seafood or fish such as calamari, prawns, cod fillet
1/5 legumes such as beans, lentils, chickpeas
2/5 vegetables such as eggplant, spinach, brocolli etc

All of the above foods are prepared without oil, sugar, salt, msg, oil and are always boiled, steam or oven cooked. (No frying or grilling)
I usually add spices, salt and extra virgin olive oil after cooking.

For snacks i “might” eat some nuts (usually almonds) and fruits up to 5 portions per day.
An avocado or full fat greek yogurt can be added as side dish to the main courses.

Last but not least, every night i drink 1 pint of homemade milk kefir

Hi, I was fighting with Seborrheic Dematitis for 10 years and i have found 2 causes of this illness:

1. allergy to some foods (food intolerance). It cuses dandruff (i scratch some small as if stones form head scalp, hair falls and skin is oily. The food that causes in my case is dairy(all), sugar and other. The bad food that causes dandruff is measured by MRT150 tests (mediator release tests) - it checks 150 products and ingredients that causes dandruff and other skin problems. Indicator of food intolerance is lack of energy, dandruff, skin problems and rare excrement. If you do not scratch small stones from head but still your scalp itches see point 2 below.
  2. higer or smaller allergy to shampoos. For years i had seborrheic dermatitis which disappered and came back. One year ago dandruff was constanrt after all shampoos. I do not have it only when I use the most sensitive shampoo which for me is Clear and Free Phamraceutical Specialties. When I use other shampoo I get seborrheic Dermatitis after 1 or 2 days after using it.