My Seborrheic Dermatitis Skin Regimen 2.0

I’ve had SD for more than 30 years and every year it get’s worse. More than 75% of my face is covered with it. When it’s bad, I look like a Zombie and that is a conservative description. I only have about 4 months of the year with clear skin and the remainder is Zombie. I am a Red Head so have type 1 skin. I bought BIOM8, oil bottle and received 3 weeks ago. This is now winter in Norther Minnesnowta and I should be 100% Zombie, but have been clear for the 3 weeks since I started BIOM8. Family and friends are saying my skin is looking better and better. Unbelievable!!! If I’m still clear by mid January, it will be nothing short of a miracle. Thank You so much. Dan PS, if clear in January, I’m ordering a CASE of it!!!

Hi michael
Do you think Biom8 would help with s.d. In the outer ear canal?
Thank you
Anne

I am really grateful that I found this website. I myself have been struggling with sebderm for the past few years. I’ve tried a lot of creams and shampoos but it keeps coming back. I recently transefered here in USA I was wondering if you would be able to help me find products that I would be able to use on a daily basis

Hi there, these are great tips. I purchased the Biom8 and used it for about 6 months. I really didn’t see any difference with the seb derm and was pretty disappointed. I’ve pretty much tried everything in the book to help clear this up, but nothing has worked. Next step is to modify my diet.

I have noticed when I tend to eat food higher in saturated fats, I get quite red and flaky on my face. I’ve suffered with dandruff on my head ever since I was little, but since about the age of 20, it’s been all over my face.

I’ve tried nearly every topical cream, lotion, spray, pyrithione zine soap, all natural and organic soap, dandruff shampoo on the face, taken zinc pills and probiotics, quit smoking, only have alcohol once a week (a 6 pack), and still have problems. I can go for 6 months and my face is fine, but lately it’s back and seems to just linger. I’ve been better with the scaling but it’s that awful redness that seems to never want to go away. I’ve even tried aloe on my face, sprays with vitamins, aloe, and cucumber and that hasn’t helped much. It all makes my face softer so not as much flaking, but still have all that redness.

After years of suffering from seborrheic dermatitis, I have made a discovery. It has less to do with the egg itself, but more to do with the chicken feed contents.
For example, when I’m in Maine, where there are a lot of folks selling their own eggs, I typically have no reaction to them.
So, in my particular case, I can’t eat eggs unless they are 100% Organic, non-GMO.

Have SD very bad case on head. Hurts so much that i can hardly wash the oils away. Wish i could send picture? On Cephalexin, tea tree oil,clotriaaxole and betamethasone. Was at emergency room could not take flare up. Felt like i was burned on my head. See doctor tomorrow. Were do order the BIM8 Please?

Go natural. Apply coconut oil as a moisturiser after cleansing. Cleanse with a gentle cleanser for sensitive skin.

It seems most things work for the short term but not the long term. I get it very intermittently but for me I find I need to exfoliate a lot to keep the scales away. Exfoliating also helps me with acne. I use Evan Healy’s green tea mask mixed with an alcohol free pure witch hazel about once a week. It does a good job of getting the dead skin off and it doesn’t seem to bother my skin. I’m experimenting with a Foreo too for exfoliation but I’m not sure if it will work long term yet. The Clarsonic was too harsh. I also have a condition where the dead skin doesn’t come off too so I need to exfoliate more heavily than most people or I break out. I’m still trying to find a good cleaner/moisturizer that works long term but I have found I need to stay away from things like sulfates and silicone which are in most products. For hair, my scalp cleared up using Briogeo’s pink shampoo/conditioner. So far it’s the first shampoo I haven’t had to change out constantly due to imitation. My scalp was peeling and it was spreading into my forehead when I started using it 6 months ago but it clear up in about a week and hasn’t come back yet. The downside of it is that it’s leaving some build up over time in my fine hair so I’ll need to find a way to remove that soon.

My symptoms: dry, flakey and itchy skin on face, scalp and ears. However unlike most, if not all, SD sufferers my skin does not get better in the summer AT ALL. In fact the skin on my nose, around my left eye gets red and swollen when i get sun exposure. So i think i might have seborrheic dermatitis with sun allergy. Arent I lucky :D.

Anyway these are the things ive been doing since last year and it has helped me alot:

-vit d3 supplements everyday
-cod liver oil capsules every other day (retinol vit A and vit D)
-i eat salmon 5 out of 7 days, at night
-10 almonds a day (vit e)
-7 walnuts a day (omega 3, vit b12, magnesium)
-dark chocolate 1/2 square a day (for sun allergy)
-green tea (anti oxidents and sun allergy)
-3 dates a day (helps digestion)
-1 cup natural greek yogurt a day (probiotic)
-banana/ berries/ apples are the only fruits i eat, no reason just personal preference
-i also eat oatmeal w honey and flaxseed most mornings
-lemon water one glass a day
-cook with coconut or olive oil only

I also go to the gym every other day and i make sure to wash my face as soon as i am done working out with cold water.
Meditation helps ALOT. It wont solve your issues but it would help with ur way of thinking and thus help with stress :slight_smile:

Essentially just try change unhealthy habits whether its to do with emotions or diet or lifestyle. Focus on getting your vitamin D, vitamin A (retinol type), vitamin E, omega 3 and some probiotics EVERYDAY.

How do you go about finding a good regimen for your skin without causing the condition to worsen.?

I use a face wash, actually, body wash as I now use it instead of soap. It is sold online only at Walmart. It is called Body Essence Tea Tree Oil Ultra-Moisturizing Body Wash. It is a 24 Oz pump & cost $3.74. I use Nivea for dry skin on my face. I can’t use coconut oil or straight tea tree oil. Castor oil is also good. You can buy castor oil in a roll on that looks like deodorant - you don’t have to buy that thick stuff in the bottle. Heritage Store, Castor Oil Roll-On, 3 fl oz (90 ml) is about $4-5. You might be able to find it cheaper. You can mix it - baby oil & vaseline don’t affect my skin negatively. I also don’t think Pond’s cold cream does either. I’m going to buy a jar of that. I use Head & Shoulders shampoo. Hair products don’t seem to bother my scalp. I only have a severe problem when I am under stress & I lay under a red & blue light. These lights are expensive, but I bought a red & blue bulb from Amazon for $40 & put it in a desk lamp. I lay under that for 5 minutes & if I have redness, it goes away. Be sure you don’t get a plant grow bulb - they are different, but they look the same & are a lot cheaper.

Everyone has to find their own cures as I’ve read a lot about this & everyone is unique.

I am finding that the hair conditioner I was using has many of the fatty acids that feed the yeast you said to stay away from if you have sd. My question is what kinds of conditioners are there out there that don’t have any of these fatty acids in them? I’m trying to find a non medicated shampoo and conditioner to use on my off days when I’m not using head and shoulders but I’m finding all these conditioners to have the fatty acids that feed the sd in them. Please help!

You can order it here: https://www.biom8.com/product/biom8-conditioning-oil/

Hello
I’ve now tried apple cider vinegar on my skin and scalp. It seems to work well. To not make it so sour I’ve blended it with rose water but I guess you could just use water or less vinegar. I read somewhere that sourness keeps fungus at bay. I haven’t done it every night because I forget but I have noticed some difference. But I also beleive the stress factor is a key thing. But do try the vinegar thing. I also use oil on my skin if it feels dry. I clean only with water and oil. Rarely with mild soap.

How did you go? Still clear?

Hello, I’ve had seborrhea most of my life (40+ years). A little over five years ago, I decided to give up on doctors and over the counter fixes … to really pay attention to my flare-up triggers.

My findings were enlightening. I already knew that sd-type alcohols, some emulsifiers/preservatives, hormones, stress and the change of weather affects my flare ups.

What I was also surprised to find it that my extremely sensitive skin reacts badly to nut oils and dietary consumption … I have since limited my intake of meat, sugars, starches and processed foods.

I make 95% of my skin/hair products. It’s just easier since I have so many flare-up triggers. I focus on a combo of humectants, water and oils that vary in concentration based on the product …

I make a 1) facial cleanser & 2) serum, 3) gentle hair cleanser, 4) two conditioners, 5) two styling products (cream & glaze), and 7) a custom body lotion scented with cold-pressed essential oils (to avoid any possible traces of the alcohol that is often used to produce steam processed essential oils).

I joke that I’m high maintenance, but I feel difference of making healthier choices and I’m still wrinkle-free in my early 50’s. I also find that yoga helps me manage my flexibility and stress level.

I’ve been battling this condition my entire teen-adult life. Lately it’s been getting worse and spreading more on my facial area. I’ve used all the shampoos (loprox, nizoral, etc)I’m currently using a sulfur based face wash that’s decent but overall I believe stress has the largest effect on this condition. Any natural remedies/ treatments will be greatly appreciated.

I’m currently holding my redness and inflammation off with Noble Formula 1% Hydrocortisone Cream with .25% Pyrithione Zinc. It works very well after I wash my face, but I am finding the cream is a little too heavy now. I have not tried your oil, but I am interested. My skin cannot handle jojoba oil and I had minimal success with coconut oil, which makes me leery. Any thoughts or suggestions ?

I’ve had seb derm for well over 10 years now, however, looking back it all started when I got braces at 13!!! After doing some research it’s clear the 2 are linked!! I have a nickel allergy as I get a reaction to some jewellery. I recently found out that my permanent retainer contains nickel, and think that this is causing my problems. I’ve ordered a heavy metal testing kit from amazon to check this but I will be getting this retainer removed asap! I never thought we could be allergic to dental products but apparently amalgam fillings are linked to seb derm too!
I have been to countless dermatologists, tried loads of treatments but nothing works. The medical industry need to be more aware of the reaction that dental materials can cause!!

Hello,

I also have seborrheic dermatitis that mostly flares up on my scalp. The only shampoo that keeps mine at bay is Jason Organics Dandruff Relief. If your current shampoo isn’t working as well anymore definitely give it a try.

I love your website- I am going to give the diet a try.

Thank you!