My Seborrheic Dermatitis Skin Regimen 2.0

Hi Hakan,

Thanks for the update. Personally, tried this approach on many occasions. It never really seemed to work out. At first, it would seem that things are improving, but in the end progress would either get stuck or reverse.

One thing that I think is really important is improving circulation to the skin in these areas. Perhaps a light massage of the scalp or something similar may be beneficial.

When shampooing, my scalp gets a nice massage and when using the Biom8, my facial skin gets a gentle massage as well. Important to note disrupt the skin barrier though by being to forceful/rough.

All the best.

I started with biom8 in November.
It didn’t treat the redness as much as I would have liked, but the “dry” spots on the folds of my nose went away and stayed away (which with other products is the first thing that came back). I used it once a day, usually after a shower.

My concern is that I developed a stye in my left eye about two weeks after starting, then a chazalion in my right eye a week later. I have never had any of these before. I stopped using biom8 after the chazalion. (My eyelid swelled up to 4 times its normal size, so other parts of my face became more of an immediate concern).

The only change to my routine was biom8. (However, I did have a nasty cough, so could have been bacteria from there or something.) My thought is if it is related to biom8, perhaps the oil clogged the glands there (even though I didn’t put it in my eyelashes directly).

I’m curious if others have had this reaction. It seemed as though the propensity for styes/chazalions can be linked to other skin disorders.

Is the scalp Biom8 available yet?

Hi Michael,

I ordered 100ml Skin Conditioning Oil on 6 Dec. Can’t wait to receive it! May I know if you have shipped the item and what is the estimated date of arrival?

Once I start using it, I will be happy to share my feedbacks.

Happy holidays to you too!

Hi Michael,

Been a while since i have been here, but wow! Great work!!

Will definitley try your new product, but was wondering firstly. Do you have any experience with the drug Roaccutane / Accutane on the SD?

SEB DERM Brothers/Sisters.

I have found a cure for those who suffer food related Seb Derm!

MSM!
(METHYLSULFONYLMETHANE)

My triggers are foods, Sugars, Histamines, and Hot liquids. I have been taking MSM megadoses about 4.5g a day and I have not broken out. My skin and existing redness has virtually disappeared. The deep redness is gone and I have been able to eat all foods without reactions. In addition some of the inflammation in the rest of my body has been released. I feel amazing and I HAVE to share this cure with everyone.

Please Please Please. I beg you my fellow sufferers try this. It has also been shown to have significant benefits for Rosacea sufferers too. There’s also no known toxicity level for MSM, and Sulfur is the 3rd most common element in the body. It’s involved in many active mechanisms in the body including carb metabolism which is the main reason I started taking it.

Why this helps? There are multiple theories including Methylation, Carb metabolism, candida elimination and liver improvement. I don’t know and frankly am not qualified to hypothesize the real reason it works. I took it because I had deuodneum ulcers and thought I might have H pylori. So I took about 3mg and on a fluke I ate a heavy carb dinner. This would DEFINITELY break me out the next day but nothing happened. I have been testing a week now and I am completely cure and I have been abusing my body with all my seb derm triggers.

PLEASE give it a try and DEFINITELY respond if it works or doesn’t work!!!

Hi Kellie,

Happy to hear about your initial results, but it is very unfortunate what happened after. So far this is the first report of something like this.
Didn’t respond right away as I wanted to think about what could have possible caused this.

My current theory is potentially the bacteria/fungus tried to migrate away from areas of Biom8 application. Perhaps this caused them to infect the eyelids.

Back when I was using the honey treatments there was a time where I got a persistent case of conjunctivitis (pink eye). Got a prescription from the doctor, but pink eye came back again after remission. Decided to stop the honey treatments for a bit and the conjunctivitis disappeared and never returned. After about a 1 month break I was able to return to using the honey. Can’t be 100% that the honey was the culprit in my experience, but the sequence of events led me to believe that this was the case.

When using Biom8, I have been able to apply directly onto my eye lids without any issues (staying away from the eye lashes though). This hasn’t caused any issues for me so far.

How have things been since? Any improvements/changes?

Hope everything resolves in the end and you can finally get the SD under control in one way or another.
Best of luck in the new year and look forward to any updates.

Thanks for the info! What brand do you use?

Ive been using Doctors Best MSM. 1500mg. I got it off of iherb. I think there are better brands out there though as this one contains mg sterate which is arugably unhealthy. But its been working thus far.

Hi Patsy,

Sorry for the delay in responding. The scalp version is not yet available. It was originally planned for early January release, however, there have been some unexpected delays. There are currently several versions out for testing and basically I’m just trying to decide which one is the best.

Hope to have something out next week.
Will update all the newsletter subscribers once it is released.

Best of luck in 2016!

Hi Jamie,

Sorry for the huge delay in getting back to your comment. There has been a huge pile of emails from the holidays and I’m slowly working through these.
Just did a quick search for your order and just wanted to confirm that it was sent out on December 9th 2015. Typically international orders take 10-12 business days to arrive, but it appears the holidays have totally messed up this estimate.

Hopefully you have received your order by now.
Please let me know if it still hasn’t arrived.

Look forward to any updates.
Wish you all the best for 2016!

Hi Marco,

Thanks for checking in and the positive feedback. :slight_smile:
Haven’t had much experience with these. However, I’ve encountered some cases during my research and time with the website. The sebum reduction they provide may be useful, however there does appear to be a rebound effect after treatment is stopped. Either way I don’t really have much experience on this and personally didn’t find much interest in this area.

Hope that helps. Look forward to any updates.

Hi Eze,

Thank you for sharing you experience.

My experience with MSM was quite different. When I tried it I got really stuffed up (nose got clogged up and face felt kind of puffy). Took it for about two weeks in total, didn’t see much change in SD and all stuffiness went away once I stopped taking it.

The brand I used is the same one you mentioned in the your next comment (Doctors Best).

Also, there is a previous comment here a bit earlier regarding MSM. Their experience is the complete opposite and MSM is actually blamed for causing SD in the first place. So that is something to consider as well. Here is a direct link to that comment: Another Readers Experience With MSM.

Additionally, as noted in my response to that readers comment, the MSM sold in jars is synthesized in a lab. It is not extracted from anything nor is it made using any fermentation process. So this is also something to keep in mind.

Hope your results continue.
All the best and thanks again for sharing.

Im really sad that it didnt work out for you and the other user. I was hoping it would be somewhat of a universal cure but thats too optimistic.

Im trying milk thistle today which is also reported to help. Have you tried it? There seems to be more reports with milk thistle than MSM and more strongly negative or Positive. Il report my findings.

I feel as though these experiments are getting us closer to a cause. Or perhaps since our experiences differ it might be different causes.

I know some people had their first outbreaks beacuse of sunbeds (mine was). Some from alcohol. Others from just sun or random triggers.

Ultimately i think itmight be all connected to the liver. The main reason I believe this is based on what everyone has written about rosacea and seb derm causes all seem to point to toxin or metabolic overload.

Alcohol and sugar are the two biggest triggers and the main factor connecting is the metabolic pathways. They are nearly identical according to pr. Lustiq.

TCM also claims that acne rosacea is connected to Liver and lungs. Im not a TCM advocate but sometimes building anecdotal evidence can elict validity.

The only total WTF that throws me for a loop is why hot liquids a trigger??? Everything else fits some medical model…

Perhaps its mucosal related as well. It also fits your experience. Gut mucosa could be connected to the sinuses signaling pathways and i had read about this. Which explains why some foods trigger allergy reactions in seb derm sufferers since the allergy areas are the same places as .the sinuses and a histamine reaction triggered by the gut is causing the inflammation. Msm is said to help produce mucosa and reduce inflammation. Perhaps one of these mechanisms is the reason its working for me…

I have theories for days so il report my findings on milk thistle and stop the ranting lol.

Hi Michael,

I have not received the order, it has been more than a month. Taking the Christmas and New Year periods into account on top of the 10-12 business days, it should have arrived one week ago. I will wait a couple more days or weeks. But if it doesn’t reach me eventually, what should I do?

Hi Jamie,

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn’t get lost and makes it soon. Orders to country such as Singapore, Malaysia, and Thailand have been taking the longest.
Perhaps the customs there are more strict or some other reason for this. Not 100% sure to be honest. Will look into this issue to see if there are any specific reasons.

Let me know if it the order doesn’t arrive be the end of this week (January 15th). We’ll have to figure out some kind of resolution.

Sorry again for the delay.
All the best and keep me updated.

Hi all. Just a quick update. Despite all my sugar consumption (which in the past was often followed by a seb. derm. outbreak) during the festive season, I remain rash, redness and flake free! Since day 3 of using BIOM8 I have had no new breakouts. Its now been over 3 months.
I sincerely hope others have the success I have with it.

I tried MSM and it made my sebhorreic dermatitis worse and also made me feel quite unwell.

I decided to try MSM only yesterday and I’ve noticed a big improvement in my skin! Normally I’d notice that the skin on my eyebrows would produce faster than usual (which somehow led to a bit of hair loss whenever I washed them). Unfortunately biom8 didn’t work for my skin very much and no other topical treatments have worked for me either. I’ve only been taking MSM tablets for 2 days now but I’m quite sure it’s made an improvement to my skin. The skin on my forehead is smoother and I don’t see as much hair loss. I definitely have to give it more time and I’ll update on any progress. I only realize now that my problem has something to do with what I’m eating, or what I’m not eating, I’m really not too sure. But anyway, best of luck to everyone! I’ll update again after a while.

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the follow up. I will keep you posted on the status of delivery. Appreciate your help in my journey to battle SD.